Re: how to store data file in Postgres

От Shreeyansh Dba
Тема Re: how to store data file in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

PostgreSQL comes with default tablespaces: pg_default tablespace stores all data. You can create multi tablespaces as per your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 6:55 PM Pepe TD Vo <pepevo@yahoo.com> wrote:
thank you so much for input.  Can Postgresql database have multi tablespaces or just one?

v/r,

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

You can create a new tablespace to the new partition and alter your database CIDR set to new tablespace.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

I created a database named "CIDR" using pg_default tablespace.  Now if I am moving the data/schemas/triggers/functions from Oracle into Postgres but the spacing is an issue.  From Oracle total datafile/tablespaces are 18G but in postgres where the pg_default tablespace has only 5G left.  I am asking for more disk spaces, SA is willing to give me another partition.  How do I move the CIDR database data file from where it is now to a new partition?

thank you.