how to upgrade production PostgreSQL from 9.4 to 11.3

От Rahul Chordiya
Тема how to upgrade production PostgreSQL from 9.4 to 11.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

We have 2 TB of data on our production server, we want to use 11.3 or latest stable version of PostgreSQL as our DB server on aws EC2 instance.

I have tried couple of way to upgrade but they are not production friendly:

I have tried pg_upgrade but as it require to stop the server we can't do it.
I have tried with --link option too but it also take time.
I have created replication and I tried to take pg_basebackup using 11.3 version but the backup was created with 9.4 version.
I have also tried to do the same with pglogical but it is showing pglogical schema not found.

please tell me the proper way to upgrade our 2TB of production database.

--
Thanks & Regards

Rahul Chordiya
Tech-Geek && DevOps && Full Stack Developer
Mobile: +91 998 153 4313

🌳

 Please do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Go GREEN, Go PAPERLESS 🌳