Re: Canot access PostgreSQL via psql -h (Vmware Fusion)

От Craig James
Тема Re: Canot access PostgreSQL via psql -h (Vmware Fusion)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> CS DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> wrote:
>
>> I've fired up 2 CentOS 6.2 VM's via vmware fusion 5 (on a mac).
>
>> psql -h 192.168.91.145
>> psql: could not connect to server: No route to host
>
> That problem has nothing to do with PostgreSQL; you might have
> better luck on a list related to the other technologies.
>
> FWIW, on Linux I would start with `netstat -plnt` to see if the
> process was listening on the expected port and host address.

Or even simpler, do

  ifconfig

and make sure that you have the right IP address, followed by "ping
192.168.91.145" (assuming that's the right address) to see if your
network is even running. Another thing to try:

  psql -h localhost

Craig

Сообщение: Re: Canot access PostgreSQL via psql -h (Vmware Fusion)
Сообщение: Re: Canot access PostgreSQL via psql -h (Vmware Fusion)