Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] expanding inheritance in partition bound order
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2017/08/17 11:22, Robert Haas wrote:
>>>
>>> Sure.
>>
>> I suggest inhpartitioned or inhispartition.  inhchildpartitioned seems too long.
>
> inhchildpartitioned indeed seems long.
>
> Since we storing if the child table (one with the OID inhrelid) is
> partitioned, inhpartitioned seems best to me.  Will implement that.

inhchildpartitioned is long but clearly tells that the child table is
partitioned, not the parent. pg_inherit can have parents which are not
partitioned, so it's better to have self-explanatory catalog name. I
am fine with some other name as long as it's clear.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat