Re: Creation of wiki page for open items of v11

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Creation of wiki page for open items of v11
Дата
Re: Creation of wiki page for open items of v11  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 2018-04-11 13:54:34 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> > The other proposal was that we could have a simple web app to track open
>> > items.  After all, we now know what we need from it.  A wiki page seems
>> > more laborious.  (The commitfest app also sprung from a wiki page.)
>>
>> Growing a number of non-issue issue trackers...
>>

> Indeed.
>
> (And of course, if we want to go in *any* direction away from the wiki, it's
> not going to happen in time for *this* release..)

We use commitfest app for tracking the patches submitted. It has done
well. Can we re-purpose the same for tracking open items?

Usually there are threads associated with the open items, then there
are patches to solve those and owners responsible in resolving them.
We have all the infrastructure in the commitfest app to track those
things, may be we could just relabel things. I haven't seen the
commitfest app code (and don't plan to do that myself) so may be this
is just a wild idea..
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Сообщение: Re: Creation of wiki page for open items of v11
Сообщение: Re: Creation of wiki page for open items of v11