Re: [HACKERS] Dropping partitioned table drops a previously detached partition

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Dropping partitioned table drops a previously detached partition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90@gmail.com> wrote:
> I reviewed and tested
> 0001-Dependency-between-partitioned-table-and-partition_v1.patch
> It applies cleanly on master and make check passes.
>
> Following are few comments:
>
>>/*
>> * Drop the dependency created by StoreCatalogInheritance1 (CREATE TABLE
>> * INHERITS/ALTER TABLE INHERIT -- refclassid will be RelationRelationId)
>> or
>> * heap_create_with_catalog (CREATE TABLE OF/ALTER TABLE OF -- refclassid
>> will
>> * be TypeRelationId).  There's no convenient way to do this, so go
>> trawling
>> * through pg_depend.
>> */
>>static void
>>drop_parent_dependency(Oid relid, Oid refclassid, Oid refobjid,
>                        DependencyType deptype)
>
> This is not directly related to this patch but still would like to mention.
> drop_parent_dependency() is being used to drop the dependency created
> by CREATE TABLE PARTITION OF command also, so probably the comment
> needs to be modified to reflect that.

The comment is fine for dependency created by CREATE TABLE PARTITION
OF since that too goes through StoreCatalogInheritance1(). But it's
not correct for CREATE TABLE ... OF <composite type> since that does
not go through StoreCatalogInheritance1().