Re: [HACKERS] Dropping partitioned table drops a previously detached partition

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Dropping partitioned table drops a previously detached partition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I reviewed and tested
>> 0001-Dependency-between-partitioned-table-and-partition_v1.patch
>> It applies cleanly on master and make check passes.
>>
>> Following are few comments:
>>
>>>/*
>>> * Drop the dependency created by StoreCatalogInheritance1 (CREATE TABLE
>>> * INHERITS/ALTER TABLE INHERIT -- refclassid will be RelationRelationId)
>>> or
>>> * heap_create_with_catalog (CREATE TABLE OF/ALTER TABLE OF -- refclassid
>>> will
>>> * be TypeRelationId).  There's no convenient way to do this, so go
>>> trawling
>>> * through pg_depend.
>>> */
>>>static void
>>>drop_parent_dependency(Oid relid, Oid refclassid, Oid refobjid,
>>                        DependencyType deptype)
>>
>> This is not directly related to this patch but still would like to mention.
>> drop_parent_dependency() is being used to drop the dependency created
>> by CREATE TABLE PARTITION OF command also, so probably the comment
>> needs to be modified to reflect that.
>>

> The comment is fine for dependency created by CREATE TABLE PARTITION
> OF since that too goes through StoreCatalogInheritance1(). But it's
> not correct for CREATE TABLE ... OF <composite type> since that does
> not go through StoreCatalogInheritance1().

I missed "or" part of the prologue while writing this. Now that I have
read it carefully, the prologue looks good to me.
--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Dropping partitioned table drops a previously detached partition
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgrowlocks relkind check