Re: [HACKERS] v10beta pg_catalog diagrams

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] v10beta pg_catalog diagrams
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 6/13/17 17:08, Andres Freund wrote:
> I wondered before if we shouldn't introduce "information only"
> unenforced foreign key constraints for the catalogs.  We kind of
> manually do that via oidjoins, it'd be nicer if we'd a function
> rechecking fkeys, and the fkeys were in the catalog...

I don't see why we couldn't just add a full complement of primary and
foreign key constraints (and unique constraints and perhaps some check
constraints).  The argument is that they wouldn't normally do anything,
but they would help with documentation and browsing tools, and they
wouldn't hurt anything.

These constraints can slowdown creating/dropping database objects - mainly temp tables.

Regards

Pavel

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/