Re: [HACKERS] pg_receivewal and messages printed in non-verbose mode

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_receivewal and messages printed in non-verbose mode
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pg_receivewal and messages printed in non-verbose mode  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 13 June 2017 at 14:33, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Those come from stop_streaming in pg_receivewal.c. Shouldn't those
>> messages only show up to the user if --verbose is used? It seems
>> strange to me that at least the first one is written to the user as
>> that's not an error after promoting a standby.
>
> I agree. At least the first should be --verbose only.

I have been looking at all the code surrounding pg_receivewal and
pg_recvlogical and those are indeed the two only places where we print
a message in non-verbose mode even if those are not explicit errors.
pg_recvlogical does not show up any messages when it is signaled or
when it receives SIGINT or reaches the end of LSN position. I don't
think that this is worth complicating the code for, just noticed the
inconsistency on the way.

Perhaps a committer will care about that. Or not. For now I am just
adding that in the CF.
--
Michael