Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is possibility to introduce new compile option #option to disable plan
> cache on function scope. Do you think so it is acceptable solution? It is
> step forward.

You can already set a GUC with function scope.  I'm not getting your point.

yes, it is true. But implementation of #option is limited to PLpgSQL - so there is not any too much questions - GUC is global - there is lot of points:

* what is correct impact on PREPARE
* what is correct impact on EXECUTE
* what should be done if this GUC is changed ..

Regards

Pavel

--
Robert Haas