Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You can already set a GUC with function scope.  I'm not getting your
>> point.
>
> yes, it is true. But implementation of #option is limited to PLpgSQL - so
> there is not any too much questions - GUC is global - there is lot of
> points:
>
> * what is correct impact on PREPARE
> * what is correct impact on EXECUTE
> * what should be done if this GUC is changed ..

For better or for worse, as a project we've settled on GUCs as a way
to control behavior.  I think it makes more sense to try to apply that
option to new behaviors we want to control than to invent some new
system.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company