Re: BackendPidGetProc doesn't return PGPROC for background worker?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: BackendPidGetProc doesn't return PGPROC for background worker?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2015-05-15 AM 05:01, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> I am trying to start bgworker from bgworker and create communication
> between these process. I have a code based on test_shm_mq. This code fails
> because BackendPidGetProc doesn't find related bgworker process, although
> the registrant process is living

One reason for this may be that the worker was not started with the flag
BGWORKER_SHMEM_ACCESS which is necessary to perform InitProcess() that would
initialize a PGPROC entry for it. But if you'd used the same method for
initializing workers as test_shm_mq_setup(), then it should have.

I have it

Thanks,
Amit