Re: [HACKERS] Re: proposal - psql: possibility to specify sort fordescribe commands, when size is printed

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: proposal - psql: possibility to specify sort fordescribe commands, when size is printed
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] Re: proposal - psql: possibility to specify sort fordescribe commands, when size is printed  (Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] Re: proposal - psql: possibility to specify sort fordescribe commands, when size is printed  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 1:53 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 9/8/17 00:13, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>     I am sending rebased patch
>
> rebased again + fix obsolete help

Why are the variables called VERBOSE_SORT_* ?  What is verbose about them?

I assume Pavel called them so, because they are working only for "verbose" mode of command.  I.e. they are working for \dt+ not \dt.
However, in \dt 2 of 3 sorting modes might work: schema_name and name_schema.  Thus, I think it worths enabling these variables for "non verbose" mode of commands too.

yes. It was designed for + commands only. Can be enhanced to all commands - then VERBOSE prefix should be removed - not sure if it is necessary. For me interesting different order than default is only in verbose mode.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company