Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Peter Eisentraut escribió:
>
> > If we're going to store object creation time, I think we should do it
> > for all objects, stored in a separate catalog, like pg_depend or
> > pg_description, keyed off classid, objectid.  And have a simple C
> > function to call to update the information stored there.
>
> +1

+1

> We require two catalogs though, one shared, one database-local.

Have you a suggestion for the names of this new two catalogs?

> Would we track ctime of subsidiary objects such as constraints etc?

If we're going to this way I think yes...

As Peter said we can start add it for a few commands in one release (maybe first for shared objects) and then for a few more commands in a next release, and next... until we cover all commands...

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL