Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Дата
Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

* Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this has been discussed and rejected before, but I find that
> rejection to be wrong-headed.  I have repeatedly been asked, with
> levels of exasperation ranging from mild to homicidal, why we don't
> have this feature, and I have no good answer.  If it were somehow
> difficult to record this or likely to produce a lot of overhead, that
> would be one thing.  But it isn't.  It's probably a hundred-line
> patch, and AFAICS the overhead would be miniscule.

Hi all,

The attached patch add a new column into 'pg_database' called 'datcreated' to store the timestamp of database creation.

If this feature is approved I could extend it to add a column into 'pg_class' to store creation timestamp too.

I think we can discuss about psql support to show this new info about databases...

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL
>> Blog sobre TI: http://fabriziomello.blogspot.com
>> Perfil Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriziomello
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/fabriziomello
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Problematic dependency in plpython Makefile [Windows]
Сообщение: Re: Problematic dependency in plpython Makefile [Windows]