Unable to login with phppgadmin on a remote host

От Tom Browder
Тема Unable to login with phppgadmin on a remote host
Дата
Re: Unable to login with phppgadmin on a remote host
Список pgsql-admin
I have installed postgresql 9.0.4 from source on aUbuntu 10.04 LTS
64-bit remote host.

I have installed phppgadmin, Apache2, and other required programs and
libraries via the Ubuntu package manager.

I have successfully created the user posgtres, executed initdb
successfully, and can execute pqsql to connect to template1, all while
logged in via ssh onto the remote host

I have set postgresql to listen on all.

I have these lines in my pg_hba.conf file:

host  all             myuser         <a remote host IP>/32         md5
host  all             postgres       <a remote host IP>/32         md5

However, I cannot successfully login with phppgadmin on the remote host.

I always get "login failed" whether I use myuser or postgres.

I have made these changes in /etc/phppgadmin files:

  apache.conf:

 config.inc.php:
       $conf['servers'][0]['desc'] = 'mars-postgresql';
       $conf['servers'][0]['host'] = 'local host ip address...';
       //$conf['extra_login_security'] = true;
       $conf['extra_login_security'] = false;

I have asked this of the phppgadmin group but I think it may be my
postgresql setup.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

-Tom