Re: Should we improve "PID XXXX is not a PostgreSQL server process" warning for pg_terminate_backend(<>)?

От John Naylor
Тема Re: Should we improve "PID XXXX is not a PostgreSQL server process" warning for pg_terminate_backend(<>)?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 10:51 PM Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:

> On 12/7/21, 5:21 PM, "Bharath Rupireddy" <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 4:17 AM Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
> >> I agree with Tom.  I would just s/server/backend/ (as per the
> >> attached) and call it a day.
> >
> > Thanks. v5 patch looks good to me.
>
> I've marked the commitfest entry as ready-for-committer.

I pushed this with one small change -- I felt the comment didn't need
to explain the warning message, since it now simply matches the coding
more exactly. Also, v5 was a big enough change from v4 that I put
Nathan as the first author.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com