Re: My book

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: My book
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Le 27 janvier 2012 10:35, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 05:02, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> It seems my book content, PostgreSQL: Introduction and Concepts, is no
>> longer on your web site.  It is listed here near the bottom:
>
> (hey, it's your website too :P)
>

>>        http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/
>>
>> but the book content it points to is invalid:
>>
>>        http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/awbook/
>
> Right. The contents were removed because it covered very old versions
> of the db. We should obviously remove the link as well - I'll go do
> that - while keeping the name itself. Or would you like us to link it
> to somewhere else?

It seems the recent changes in our infra are breaking URL .
For me this is a very bad idea and most websites upgrade try to not
break references to them.
Breaking links is the garantee to make a lot of people unhappy. (both
readers and writers)

For this book, it might be better to update the webpage content if it
is really outdated... and luck, the author is still around.
I also see no benefit to remove access to a book fully online whatever
the birthdate of this book, it is like trashing it.

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: