Re: My book

От Dave Page
Тема Re: My book
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 27 janvier 2012 10:35, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> a écrit :
>> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 05:02, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>>> It seems my book content, PostgreSQL: Introduction and Concepts, is no
>>> longer on your web site.  It is listed here near the bottom:
>>
>> (hey, it's your website too :P)
>>

>>>        http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/
>>>
>>> but the book content it points to is invalid:
>>>
>>>        http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/awbook/
>>
>> Right. The contents were removed because it covered very old versions
>> of the db. We should obviously remove the link as well - I'll go do
>> that - while keeping the name itself. Or would you like us to link it
>> to somewhere else?
>
> It seems the recent changes in our infra are breaking URL .
> For me this is a very bad idea and most websites upgrade try to not
> break references to them.
> Breaking links is the garantee to make a lot of people unhappy. (both
> readers and writers)

We didn't break any URLs intentionally (we went out of our way to
maintain the old ones in fact) - except where we removed out of date
content. Noone expects websites to maintain all their content
indefinitely.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com