Re: SQL/JSON: functions

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: SQL/JSON: functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 8:01 PM Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 21:26, Nikita Glukhov <n.gluhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Attached 50th version of the patches. Only the documentation was changed
> > since the previous version.
>
> I can imagine the effort required to get to v50, so I salute your efforts.
>
> The document for SQL Standard has now been published as CD
> 9075-2-Foundation (Thanks Peter).

SQL-2016 is already 4 years old and this what we are using for our development.
What is CD 9075-2-Foundation ?

> That gives us a clearer picture of what is being voted on and should
> allow Nikita to complete his work.
>
> I suggest we move forwards on this now, but if anyone objects to
> including this in PG14 in favour of waiting for the vote, please say
> so clearly so we can skip to PG15.

There is upcoming JSON v2. SQL Standard, which  specifies JSON data type,
that mean we have to protect our users, or SQL-compliant applications will be
slow and developers will be disappointed.  I discussed all these in my talk
at Postgres Build
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/json-build-2020.pdf
Andrew Dunstan has volunteered to work with us on completing SQL/JSON standard,
but ...

I think we need SQL/JSON functions in PG14 and  SQL/JSON compatibility mode for
json/jsonb.

> --
> Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

The Russian Postgres Company