Re: SQL/JSON: functions

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: SQL/JSON: functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 8:37 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> út 15. 12. 2020 v 18:00 odesílatel Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> napsal:
>>
>> On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 21:26, Nikita Glukhov <n.gluhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> >
>> > Attached 50th version of the patches. Only the documentation was changed
>> > since the previous version.
>>
>> I can imagine the effort required to get to v50, so I salute your efforts.
>>
>> The document for SQL Standard has now been published as CD
>> 9075-2-Foundation (Thanks Peter).
>>
>> That gives us a clearer picture of what is being voted on and should
>> allow Nikita to complete his work.
>>
>> I suggest we move forwards on this now, but if anyone objects to
>> including this in PG14 in favour of waiting for the vote, please say
>> so clearly so we can skip to PG15.
>

> Maybe this set of patches can be reorganized and divided. Some parts like json generating functions are almost
trivialand without controversions with clean benefits for users.

I agree with this, most interesting is JSON_TABLE.

> The most complexity is related to json_table function. Nikita did a very good job and implemented this function in
maximalconformance with ANSI SQL with a maximal set of features. On second hand it is hard to do review because this
patchis really complex, and a lot of functionality was not implemented elsewhere (so isn't possible to compare
results).I think it should be possible to reduce complexity and divide acceptance of json_table to some steps like
basicfunctionality (on MySQL level), enhanced functionality (on Oracle level), and full functionality (the Postgres
willbe first).  This functionality is interesting and maximal conformity with SQL/JSON is great so I am for merging it.
Butif it will be divided into some chronological steps, then there can be higher probability of merging to upstream in
agood time.

I think it's shame to look up on MySQL and Oracle, since we have much
better and complete implementation of the Standard.

> Regards
>
> Pavel
>

>> --
>> Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

The Russian Postgres Company

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: SQL/JSON: functions
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch for key managment