Timezone from PG8 to PG9

От Deron
Тема Timezone from PG8 to PG9
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello we were upgrading a test system from PG8.3.6 to PG 9.3 and it appears as though the timezone is not set on the new PG9.3.   I should say that we never did set the timezone for PG8, but somehow the PG server knew the 'localtime' of the system:

show timezone;
  TimeZone
------------
 US/Eastern
(1 row)

However, after upgrading to PG9:
show timezone;
 TimeZone
 GMT
(1 row)

We saw the same for US/Pacific zone as well.

We do set /etc/localtime for the local timezone of the box.  We can configure this in the postgresql.conf file.   It does appear as though PG9 server reads /etc/localtime on startup, but it is not set.   Just wondering if it was working previously, because of some side effect, or if this has changed some other way.  I believe the environment did not change between PG8 and PG9 at least as far as I can determine.

The Server is CentOS 6.

Deron