Re: PostgreSQL community vs PostgreSQL EDB comparison and Difference document needed!!!!

От dbatoCloud Solution
Тема Re: PostgreSQL community vs PostgreSQL EDB comparison and Difference document needed!!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Dear All

Good Day!

Thanks for writing it back!

We are looking for a PostgreSQL community version rather than EDB. I feel PostgreSQL 12 & 13 has more features. But I

i want to compare the benefits and features of PostgreSQL community with EDB except the license part.

We will be using AWS RDS or AWS Aurora for hosting the Data on it.

Let me know if we can have a healthy discussion on how to use the postgreSQL community version efficiently.

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Ashok

Ashokkumar Mani  (OCP12c/11g/10g/9i, AWS SAA, M103)

Dubai , UAE | BLR , INDIA

M: +971 54 723 0075 | +91 90086 70302 | WApp : +91 81975 99922

W: https://dbatocloudsolution.blogspot.in/ | E: dbatocloud17@gmail.com

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 5:20 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Tue, 2021-05-04 at 14:15 +0200, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> We are planning to choose PostgreSQL community databases in our
>
> > company. But We need to analyze and compare the PostgreSQL community
> > with the PostgreSQL EDB product?
> > Could you please someone advise the benefits of community over EDB
> > product?
>
> EDB has a feature comparison between PostgreSQL and their "EDB Postgres Advanced Server":
>
>    https://www.enterprisedb.com/compare-postgres-databases
>
> If you need more details, you will need to contact EDB directly.

In a nutshell, these are all features designed to make it more compatible
with Oracle.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL community vs PostgreSQL EDB comparison and Difference document needed!!!!
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL community vs PostgreSQL EDB comparison and Difference document needed!!!!