Re: High availability and load balancing ...

От Venkata Balaji N
Тема Re: High availability and load balancing ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I need to do the setup for High availability function.

Also want to implement load balancing for 02 nodes.

You will have to build streaming replication which was introduced in PostgreSQL-9.0

I think PGPool will be require for that. Can I use PGPool without cost.

pgpool-II is an open source tool which can be used for connection pooling and load balancing.

 Can I get the basic steps to do this setup?

                Database        --          Postgresql 9.1

             OS                 --          Linux 6

Below is the link which explains the basic steps to setup "streaming replication"

By the way, version 9.1 is very old and will reach end-of-life soon. You are 4 major versions behind, did you consider using latest version ?

Regards,
Venkata B N

Fujitsu Australia