Обсуждение: High availability and load balancing ...

High availability and load balancing ...

От
Sunil N Shinde

I need to do the setup for High availability function.

Also want to implement load balancing for 02 nodes.

I think PGPool will be require for that. Can I use PGPool without cost.

Can I get the basic steps to do this setup?

                Database        --          Postgresql 9.1

             OS                 --          Linux 6

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil N Shinde

Re: High availability and load balancing ...

От
Venkata Balaji N

I need to do the setup for High availability function.

Also want to implement load balancing for 02 nodes.

You will have to build streaming replication which was introduced in PostgreSQL-9.0

I think PGPool will be require for that. Can I use PGPool without cost.

pgpool-II is an open source tool which can be used for connection pooling and load balancing.

 Can I get the basic steps to do this setup?

                Database        --          Postgresql 9.1

             OS                 --          Linux 6

Below is the link which explains the basic steps to setup "streaming replication"

By the way, version 9.1 is very old and will reach end-of-life soon. You are 4 major versions behind, did you consider using latest version ?

Regards,
Venkata B N

Fujitsu Australia

Re: High availability and load balancing ...

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Hi,
>
> I need to do the setup for High availability function.
> Also want to implement load balancing for 02 nodes.
> I think PGPool will be require for that. Can I use PGPool without cost.

Yes, you can. Pgpool-II is an open source product.

> Can I get the basic steps to do this setup?

http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2_3.3/index.html

It's a little bit out dated but mostly useful for a configuration
using the latest pgpool-II version and PostgreSQL 9.1.

If you have further questions regarding pgpool-II, I recommend you to
move pgpool-II specific mailing list.

>                 Database        --          Postgresql 9.1
>              OS                 --          Linux 6
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Sunil N Shinde

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: High availability and load balancing ...

От
Sunil N Shinde

Thanks Venkata.

I am considering latest version now i.e. 9.4 or 9.5 on Linux 6.

Is there any difference in setup from 9.1 to 9.5?

[...]

There is no difference in the setup. Streaming Replication in the version 9.5 is a lot better with a lot of bug fixes specific to streaming replication and with a few extra parameters compared to the version 9.1. Please refer to postgresql documentation.

Regards,

Venkata B N
Fujitsu Australia