Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]

От Laurent Laborde
Тема Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

Okay, I have marked this patch as "Ready For Committer"

Notes for Committer -
There is one behavioural difference in the handling of --analyze-in-stages
switch, when individual tables (by using -t option) are analyzed by
using this switch, patch will process (in case of concurrent jobs) all the
given tables for stage-1 and then for stage-2 and so on whereas in the
unpatched code it will process all the three stages table by table
(table-1 all three stages, table-2 all three stages and so on).  I think
the new behaviour is okay as the same is done when this utility does
vacuum for whole database.  As there was no input from any committer
on this point, I thought it is better to get the same rather than waiting
more just for one point.

Friendly greetings !

What's the status of parallel clusterdb please ?
I'm having fun (and troubles) applying the vacuumdb patch to clusterdb.

This thread also talk about unifying code for parallelizing clusterdb and reindex.
Was anything done about it ? Because i can't see it and my work currently involve a lot of copy/pasting from vacuumdb to clusterdb :)

And no, (i'm pretty sure) i don't have the required postgresql knowledge to do this unification if it isn't done already.

Thank you :)

(And sorry about the thread-necromancy)

--
Laurent "ker2x" Laborde