Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]
Дата
Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]  (Laurent Laborde <kerdezixe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Dilip kumar <dilip.kumar@huawei.com> wrote:

> On 31 December 2014 18:36, Amit Kapila Wrote,
>
> >The patch looks good to me.  I have done couple of
>
> >cosmetic changes (spelling mistakes, improve some comments,
>
> >etc.), check the same once and if you are okay, we can move
>
> >ahead.
>

> Thanks for review and changes, changes looks fine to me..

Okay, I have marked this patch as "Ready For Committer"

Notes for Committer -
There is one behavioural difference in the handling of --analyze-in-stages
switch, when individual tables (by using -t option) are analyzed by
using this switch, patch will process (in case of concurrent jobs) all the
given tables for stage-1 and then for stage-2 and so on whereas in the
unpatched code it will process all the three stages table by table
(table-1 all three stages, table-2 all three stages and so on).  I think
the new behaviour is okay as the same is done when this utility does
vacuum for whole database.  As there was no input from any committer
on this point, I thought it is better to get the same rather than waiting
more just for one point.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.