Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Laurent Laborde wrote:

> Friendly greetings !
>
> What's the status of parallel clusterdb please ?
> I'm having fun (and troubles) applying the vacuumdb patch to clusterdb.
>
> This thread also talk about unifying code for parallelizing clusterdb and
> reindex.
> Was anything done about it ? Because i can't see it and my work currently
> involve a lot of copy/pasting from vacuumdb to clusterdb :)

Honestly, I have to wonder whether there are really valid use cases for
clusterdb.  Are you actually using it and want to see it improved, or is
this just an academical exercise?

> And no, (i'm pretty sure) i don't have the required postgresql knowledge to
> do this unification if it isn't done already.

You may or may not lack it *now*, but that doesn't mean you will
continue to lack it forever.