Re: strem replication standby lag check

От desmodemone
Тема Re: strem replication standby lag check
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I think it's better to use the pg_stat_replication

2014/1/17 yhe <yinghe0101@yahoo.com>
hi, all,

I know we can connect to primary and SELECT pg_current_xlog_location(); (eg.
'0/36A77900') to get primary xlog position then connect to the standby to do
the following to get the byte lag:

select pg_xlog_location_diff('0/36A77900',pg_last_xlog_replay_location());

0/36A77900 is the xlog position from primary.

My question is that is there a way I can connect to the primary on the
standby host using replica user which i already have the primary_conninfo in
the recovery.conf and get the result of SELECT pg_current_xlog_location();
of the primary so I can simply write a function on the standby to return the
lag in bytes in one call.

any way I can do that without a dblink?

Thank you if any one can help.

best,