Re: Database upgrade from 8.4.7 to 9.1.4

От desmodemone
Тема Re: Database upgrade from 8.4.7 to 9.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

OS level= AIX 6.1.9

I'm testing out an upgrade of an existing postgres 8.4.7 instance to 9.1.2, using "pg_dumpall". All went well until the final step in which the data is to be restored. I gave the following command:

psql -d database -f outputfile

This command creates all the tables, starts loading some tables and then suddenly comes to a halt on a "lo_create" line where it seems to be waiting for user input. See below the last screen output of the psql command:

ALTER TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
 lo_create
-----------
    102660
(1 row)

Standard input: END

At this stage, if I press ENTER, the lo_create moves on to the next row, and so on. See below the result of a sequence of ENTER hits:

    114811
(1 row)

 lo_create
-----------
    114812
(1 row)

 lo_create
-----------
    114813
(1 row)

 lo_create
-----------
    114814
(1 row)

 lo_create
    114815
(1 row)

So it appears that the program needs the user to press the ENTER key (or the space key) to move on to the next row. If you do not press any key, nothing happens. The load does not proceed, as I confirmed by looking at the growth of files in the PGDATA area. I exited by killing the psql session.

Is there a way to force the load of all rows without user input?

Thanks.

Alanoly Andrews.
alanolya@invera.com
This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.