Re: Database upgrade from 8.4.7 to 9.1.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Database upgrade from 8.4.7 to 9.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alanoly Andrews <alanolya@invera.com> writes:
> OS level= AIX 6.1.9

> I'm testing out an upgrade of an existing postgres 8.4.7 instance to 9.1.2, using "pg_dumpall". All went well until
thefinal step in which the data is to be restored. I gave the following command:

> psql -d database -f outputfile

> This command creates all the tables, starts loading some tables and then
> suddenly comes to a halt on a "lo_create" line where it seems to be
> waiting for user input.

That's very bizarre.  I don't know what it's doing, but there are
certainly no "waits for user input" in a pg_dump-created SQL script.

I suspect you are seeing some sort of platform-specific misbehavior.
You might wish to join in this ongoing discussion about the state of
our AIX support (tl;dr: it's bad):
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/530B1EEC.1080402@spg.schulergroup.com#530B1EEC.1080402@spg.schulergroup.com

Did you try the regression tests ("make check") on your 9.1.2 build?

От: desmodemone
Сообщение: Re: Database upgrade from 8.4.7 to 9.1.4
От: Murthy Nunna
Сообщение: Re: PITR