Re: [HACKERS] kqueue

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] kqueue
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] kqueue  (Rui DeSousa <rui@crazybean.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:53 AM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> I don't plan to resubmit this patch myself, but I was doing some
>> spring cleaning and rebasing today and I figured it might be worth
>> quietly leaving a working patch here just in case anyone from the
>> various BSD communities is interested in taking the idea further.

I heard through the grapevine of some people currently investigating
performance problems on busy FreeBSD systems, possibly related to the
postmaster pipe.  I suspect this patch might be a part of the solution
(other patches probably needed to get maximum value out of this patch:
reuse WaitEventSet objects in some key places, and get rid of high
frequency PostmasterIsAlive() read() calls).  The autoconf-fu in the
last version bit-rotted so it seemed like a good time to post a
rebased patch.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com