Re: [HACKERS] Moving relation extension locks out of heavyweight lock manager

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Moving relation extension locks out of heavyweight lock manager
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 1:40 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 5:40 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The probability of performance degradation can be reduced by
>> increasing N_RELEXTLOCK_ENTS. But as Robert mentioned, while keeping
>> fast and simple implementation like acquiring lock by a few atomic
>> operation it's hard to improve or at least keep the current
>> performance on all cases. I was thinking that this patch is necessary
>> by parallel DML operations and vacuum but if the community cannot
>> accept this approach it might be better to mark it as "Rejected" and
>> then I should reconsider the design of parallel vacuum.
>
> I'm sorry that I didn't get time to work further on this during the
> CommitFest.

Never mind. There was a lot of items especially at the last CommitFest.

> In terms of moving forward, I'd still like to hear what
> Andres has to say about the comments I made on March 1st.

Yeah, agreed.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] kqueue
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: User defined data types in Logical Replication