Re: User defined data types in Logical Replication

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: User defined data types in Logical Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 7:57 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 12:50 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 10:24 AM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

>>> Something similar to PostgresNode::issues_sql_like() perhaps?
>>>

>> Yeah, I didn't know that but I think it's a good idea. Unlike
>> issues_sql_like() we don't issue anything to the subscriber. So maybe
>> we need truncate logfile before insertion and verify logfile of
>> particular period. The test code would be like follows.
>>
>> $node_subscriber->safe_psql('postgres', 'CREATE SUBSCRIPTION...");
>> truncate $node_subscriber->logfile, 0;
>> $node_publisher->safe_psql('postgres', 'INSERT .. ')
>> my $log = TestLib::slurp_file($node_subscriber->logfile);
>>
>> # Verify logs
>> like($log, qr/processing remote data for replication target relation
>> "public.test" column "b", remote type dummyint, local type dummyint/,
>> 'callback function of datatype conversion1');
>> like($log, qr/processing remote data for replication target relation
>> "public.test" column "a", remote type dummytext, local type
>> dummytext/, 'callback function of datatype conversion2');
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> Attached an updated test patch added the above test(0002 patch). Since
> for this test case it's enough to use existing test functions I didn't
> create new test functions. Also I found that the local data type name
> in log for data type conversion isn't qualified whereas the remote
> data type is always qualified. Attached 0001 patch fixes that.

The original issue has been fixed and this entry on CommitFest has
been marked as "Committed" but there are still works for improving
testing. Perhaps I should register a new entry of remaining patches to
next CommitFest.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada