Re: [HACKERS] Creating a DSA area to provide work space for parallel execution

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Creating a DSA area to provide work space for parallel execution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 6:35 AM, Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 1:55 AM, Thomas Munro
>> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>> Here's a new version to apply on top of dsa-v7.patch.
>>
>> Here's a version to go with dsa-v8.patch.
>
> All right, so I've committed this, but not before (1) renaming some
> things that you added, (2) adding documentation for the new LWLock
> tranche, (3) not creating the DSA in the "simulated DSM using
> backend-private memory" case, and (4) some cosmetic tweaks.

Thanks!  Hmm, so now in rare circumstances we can finish up running
ExecXXXInitializeDSM, but later have estate->es_query_dsa == NULL.
This is something to be careful about.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com