Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20 Dec. 2016 1:27 am, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 12/19/16 4:30 AM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> So existing table data can be copied once subscription is created, but
> also new tables can be added and their data copied. This is where the
> REFRESH PUBLICATION comes into play. Adding table to publication does
> not make it automatically replicated by the subscription as the
> subscription does not have tracking info for that table. So to add new
> table user must call ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION on
> subscriber otherwise the data won't be replicated.

Couldn't the subscriber automatically add tracking info when apply
stream data arrives for a relation it has not seen before?

If no table has been created by the user and we start trying to apply a data stream apply will break.

Since manual action is needed to create the destination I don't see a problem with requiring manual enabling too, personally.

Let the fully transparent way wait until we can do DDL replication in v11+