Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 12:59 PM Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru> wrote:

> В Tue, 04 Sep 2018 15:48:24 -0400
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> пишет:
>

> > I tried to reproduce the problem, without success, on a few different
> > FreeBSD images I had laying about:
> >
> > FreeBSD 11.0/x86_64, clang version 3.8.0
> >       (this confirms OP's report that x86_64 is OK)
> >
> > FreeBSD 10.3/ppc, gcc 4.2.1
> >
> > FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT (from around mid-May)/arm64, clang version 6.0.0
> >
> > (I was testing PG HEAD, not the 11 branch, but I don't see a reason
> > to think that'd make a difference.)
>
> Alas, it does. First thing I've done after discovering this bug, it is
> to look if it exists in master. And master passes this test on the same
> machine where problem was discovered.
>

> > I also looked for evidence of a bug of this sort in the clang
> > bugzilla. I couldn't find anything, but it's possible that "isinf"
> > isn't what I should have searched on.
> >
> > Anyway, my estimation is that this is a compiler bug that's been
> > repaired, and it probably isn't widespread enough to justify our
> > inserting some klugy workaround.
>
> It doesn't look so, as bug persists after I've upgraded system to
> current 11.2-RELEASE with clang 6.0.0.

Ah, right it fails for me too on 32 bit FreeBSD 11.2 with
REL_11_STABLE.  Investigating...

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Victor Wagner
Сообщение: Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE
Сообщение: Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE