Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE

От Victor Wagner
Тема Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE
Дата
Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
В Tue, 04 Sep 2018 15:48:24 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> пишет:

> I tried to reproduce the problem, without success, on a few different
> FreeBSD images I had laying about:
>
> FreeBSD 11.0/x86_64, clang version 3.8.0
>     (this confirms OP's report that x86_64 is OK)
>
> FreeBSD 10.3/ppc, gcc 4.2.1
>
> FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT (from around mid-May)/arm64, clang version 6.0.0
>
> (I was testing PG HEAD, not the 11 branch, but I don't see a reason
> to think that'd make a difference.)

Alas, it does. First thing I've done after discovering this bug, it is
to look if it exists in master. And master passes this test on the same
machine where problem was discovered.

> I also looked for evidence of a bug of this sort in the clang
> bugzilla. I couldn't find anything, but it's possible that "isinf"
> isn't what I should have searched on.
>
> Anyway, my estimation is that this is a compiler bug that's been
> repaired, and it probably isn't widespread enough to justify our
> inserting some klugy workaround.

It doesn't look so, as bug persists after I've upgraded system to
current 11.2-RELEASE with clang 6.0.0.

--
                                   Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru>