[GENERAL] Help with terminology to describe what my software does please?

От Neil Anderson
Тема [GENERAL] Help with terminology to describe what my software does please?
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Help with terminology to describe what my software does please?
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm working on a tool that can compare the properties of Postgres
objects from different instances, finding the differences and
outputting the update SQL.

It can compare objects that are defined at the cluster, database or
schema level. As such I'm finding it difficult to describe what the
tool does simply and accurately. I've tried 'compares PostgreSQL
schemas' but that doesn't capture the database and cluster parts,
'compares PostgreSQL schema and database objects'. That sort of thing.
Right now I have a mix of terms on my website and I would prefer to
tighten it up.

I guess I don't know what is the most common way to say that it
compares everything but the data. Any suggestions from your
experience?

Thanks,
Neil

--