Re: [GENERAL] Help with terminology to describe what my software doesplease?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Help with terminology to describe what my software doesplease?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/28/2017 05:49 AM, Neil Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a tool that can compare the properties of Postgres
> objects from different instances, finding the differences and
> outputting the update SQL.
>
> It can compare objects that are defined at the cluster, database or
> schema level. As such I'm finding it difficult to describe what the
> tool does simply and accurately. I've tried 'compares PostgreSQL
> schemas' but that doesn't capture the database and cluster parts,
> 'compares PostgreSQL schema and database objects'. That sort of thing.
> Right now I have a mix of terms on my website and I would prefer to
> tighten it up.
>
> I guess I don't know what is the most common way to say that it
> compares everything but the data. Any suggestions from your
> experience?

 From above the first sentence of the second paragraph seems to me the
best description of what you are doing.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Ludovic Vaugeois-Pepin
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] wal_retrieve_retry_interval
От: Arup Rakshit
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Question regarding the output of postgresql *explain* command