restore with pg engine upgrade in a middle

От Marcin Giedz
Тема restore with pg engine upgrade in a middle
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, the case is:

one day we did full backup of database version 12 using standard procedure of continuous backup so: pg_start_backup/rsync/pg_stop_backup

snip of WAL files archive directory:
ver 12 PG
Jul 28 04:37 000000010000033400000004
Jul 28 04:41 000000010000033400000005
Jul 28 05:16 000000010000033400000006
Jul 28 05:16 000000010000033400000006.00000028.backup
Jul 28 05:16 000000010000033400000007
Jul 28 05:18 000000010000033400000008
ver 13 PG
Jul 28 05:18 000000010000033400000068
Jul 28 05:18 000000010000033400000069

once backup was finished, we migrated PG engine from 12 to 13 - as you can see in WAL filename structure. @ circa 5:18 all went OK however we have forgotten to adjust full backup script to newer version of PG so till mid of Nov we didn't have any full backup of our database except for WAL files and now we need to restore database with target time set to end of Sep.

in this case how should I proceed with db restore including pg version switch from 12 to 13 ?

Thx
Marcin

Сообщение: Re: General Performance Question
Сообщение: Re: General Performance Question