Re: General Performance Question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: General Performance Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
DAVID ROTH <adaptron@comcast.net> writes:
> The code I am migrating uses the EXECUTE immediate form for almost everything.  The path of least resistance for me
isto just copy the code to Postgres and change "EXECUTE IMMEDIATE" to "EXECUTE".
> I am asking about performance differences to see if it is worth converting code that does not have any dynamic
elements.

Yes, absolutely.  (I would've imagined that that habit is pretty awful
for performance on Oracle, too.)

Having said that, the golden rule in such things is to get it to work
first, and make it fast later.  I wouldn't worry about cleaning up
unnecessary EXECUTE usage till you have a working port.

От: Marcin Giedz
Сообщение: restore with pg engine upgrade in a middle
От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: check scripts after database code change