simple question about two 'servers' on same OS

От Gary Webster
Тема simple question about two 'servers' on same OS
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello.

When running two 'separate' instances of Postgres on the same machine (diff ports), do I also have two separate installs of the binaries (prefix), or only two separate datadir ?

If the former, should I make another "postgresb" superuser, or use the same one?

If I have two separate prefix dirs, & only one "postgres" superuser, which is its home dir, or does it matter?

Thanks.