Re: pg_dump on Postgres 9.1

От Alanoly Andrews
Тема Re: pg_dump on Postgres 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On this issue, instead of going for a newer version of xlc, as suggested, I opted to get a newer version of the
Postgressource code, 9.1.4. After compiling it with the same xlc version, I found that pg_dump works as expected. So,
theproblem appears to be somewhere in the 9.1 source code, at least for binaries created from it for AIX (6.1).

Regards.

Alanoly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 12:13 PM
To: Alanoly Andrews
Cc: 'pgsql-admin@postgresql.org'
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] pg_dump on Postgres 9.1

Alanoly Andrews <alanolya@invera.com> writes:
> Is there any reported bug with pg_dump in Postgres 9.1, on AIX ? The following command hangs for "ever" and has to be
interrupted.It creates a zero-length file.

We had a recent report of strange server-side behavior on AIX that went away after rebuilding with a newer version of
xlc,suggesting that the code was getting bitten by an xlc optimization bug.  Perhaps this is the same thing inside
pg_dump. If you're not using the latest xlc, try updating.  If you are, does rebuilding with -O0 change the behavior?

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Anydistribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is
unauthorized.If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et prot�g�. L'exp�diteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toutediffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le
(les)destinataire(s) d�sign�(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser
imm�diatement,par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.

От: Ascarabina
Сообщение: Re: Could You help me
От: Gary Webster
Сообщение: simple question about two 'servers' on same OS