Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> writes:
> > Actually the function used for generation of handshake Key i.e HS_KEYp()
> > considers 'sizeof(PerlInterpreter)' to generate the key and somehow the
> > sizeof PerlInterpreter is not uniform in plperl and perl modules incase of
> > Windows but on Linux it remains same in both the modules.
>
> Yipes.  So actually, this is catching a live ABI problem, which presumably
> we've escaped seeing bad effects from only through sheer good luck.
> I suppose that the discrepancies in the struct contents only occur after
> the last field that plperl happens to touch directly --- but that is
> unlikely to be true forever.
>
> > *typedef struct interpreter PerlInterpreter;struct interpreter {#  include
> > "intrpvar.h"};*
> > where intrpvar.h has different variables defined inside it and most of the
> > variables definition are protected with various macros. And there are some
> > macros that are just defined in perl but not in plperl module which means
> > the sizeof(PerlInterpreter) on the two modules are going to be different
> > and thereby resulting in a  different key.
>
> I imagine the route to a solution is to fix things so that the relevant
> macros are all defined correctly in both cases.  But why they aren't
> already is certainly an interesting question.  Have you identified just
> which fields are added or missing relative to what libperl thinks?

Here are the list of macros and variables from 'intrpvar.h' file that
are just defined in perl module but not in plperl on Windows,

#ifdef PERL_USES_PL_PIDSTATUS
PERLVAR(I, pidstatus,   HV *)       /* pid-to-status mappings for waitpid */
#endif

#ifdef PERL_SAWAMPERSAND
PERLVAR(I, sawampersand, U8)        /* must save all match strings */
#endif

#ifdef FCRYPT
PERLVARI(I, cryptseen,  bool,   FALSE)  /* has fast crypt() been initialized? */
#else
/* One byte hole in the interpreter structure.  */
#endif

#ifdef USE_REENTRANT_API
PERLVAR(I, reentrant_buffer, REENTR *)  /* here we store the _r buffers */
#endif

#ifdef PERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE
PERLVARI(I, my_cxt_keys, const char **, NULL) /* per-module array of
pointers to MY_CXT_KEY constants */
# endif

#ifdef DEBUG_LEAKING_SCALARS_FORK_DUMP
/* File descriptor to talk to the child which dumps scalars.  */
PERLVARI(I, dumper_fd,  int,    -1)
#endif

#ifdef DEBUG_LEAKING_SCALARS
PERLVARI(I, sv_serial,  U32,    0)  /* SV serial number, used in sv.c */
#endif

#ifdef PERL_TRACE_OPS
PERLVARA(I, op_exec_cnt, OP_max+2, UV)
#endif