Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows  (Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> writes:
> Actually the function used for generation of handshake Key i.e HS_KEYp()
> considers 'sizeof(PerlInterpreter)' to generate the key and somehow the
> sizeof PerlInterpreter is not uniform in plperl and perl modules incase of
> Windows but on Linux it remains same in both the modules.

Yipes.  So actually, this is catching a live ABI problem, which presumably
we've escaped seeing bad effects from only through sheer good luck.
I suppose that the discrepancies in the struct contents only occur after
the last field that plperl happens to touch directly --- but that is
unlikely to be true forever.

> *typedef struct interpreter PerlInterpreter;struct interpreter {#  include
> "intrpvar.h"};*
> where intrpvar.h has different variables defined inside it and most of the
> variables definition are protected with various macros. And there are some
> macros that are just defined in perl but not in plperl module which means
> the sizeof(PerlInterpreter) on the two modules are going to be different
> and thereby resulting in a  different key.

I imagine the route to a solution is to fix things so that the relevant
macros are all defined correctly in both cases.  But why they aren't
already is certainly an interesting question.  Have you identified just
which fields are added or missing relative to what libperl thinks?