Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM #2315 : Sorting bysize is broken

От Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM #2315 : Sorting bysize is broken
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM #2315 : Sorting bysize is broken
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello Khushboo,

We reviewed the this patch and have some suggestions:

Python:

The functionality for adding the "can_prettify" is repeated in multiple places. Maybe this could be extracted into a function.

Javascript:

  • The class Backgrid.SizeFormatter doesn't seem to have any tests.

  • The function pg_size_pretty displays bytes and Kilobytes differently.
  • Is it possible to add PB as well?
  • The function is a little bit hard to read, is it possible to refactor using private functions like:
fromRaw: function (rawData, model) {  var unitIdx = findDataUnitIndex(rawData);  if (unitIdx == 0) {     return rawData + ' ' + this.dataUnits[i];  }  return formatOutput(rawData, unitIdx);
},

  • In statistics.js:326 we believe it would make the code more readable if we change the variable "c" to "rawColumn" and "col" to "column".

SQL Files:

  • Is there a way to avoid conditionals here?
  • Maybe we can use the same javascript function to prettify all the sizes

Visually we saw a difference between "Databases" statistics and a specific database statistics. In "Databases" statistics the "Size" is "7.4 MB" but when you are in the specific database the "Size" is "7420 kB".
Is this the intended behavior?

Thanks
Joao & Sarah