Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Install of pgadmin4 from package fails ...

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Install of pgadmin4 from package fails ...
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Install of pgadmin4 from package fails ...
Список pgadmin-hackers
On 04/24/2017 01:23 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>     There isn't an easy fix for this; on a default Fedora or CentOS system,
>     the only directory the apache user has read/write to is /tmp, as far as
>     I know.
>
>     Ideas?
>

> This is covered in the docs:
> https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/1.x/server_deployment.html
>
> Create a directory, setup the config to use it as required, then chown
> the database after running setup (which is probably easier than trying
> to run it as the apache user directly).

I know how to fix my personal install (and container image).  But I want
to fix the RPM package so that it's fixed for most users.  Right now,
install from RPM is kind of broken.

Here's the changes that need to happen on the RPM:

1. Remove the QT dependencies for pgadmin4-v1-web

2. Have the RPM create /usr/share/httpd/.pgadmin, owned by apache user.
   (is this the best location?  If not, what is?)

3. Fix the systemd unit file so that the pgadmin4 unit is owned by apache.

4. (optional) set up files according to FDL standards, putting configs
for pgadmin4 in /etc/pgadmin and the db in /var/run/pgadmin (or similar).

Devrim, where is the source for this rpm build?

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!

Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM #2315 : Sorting bysize is broken
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM #2315 : Sorting bysize is broken