Moving postgres 9.4 databases to new vm hosted datacenter

От Mark Steben
Тема Moving postgres 9.4 databases to new vm hosted datacenter
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good morning,
We are presently planning to move our 9.4 production databases from our datacenter in Norfolk where they have been running on solid state hardware to a datacenter run by Expedient where they will run on pre-defined vms. Our manager of development has expressed concern that there may be a decline in performance - we had a similar decline several years ago when we attempted to switch to vms.
My question is: is there a facility we can install on the vm where we can simulate what we run on production now to approximate the load that we currently run? Perhaps a read / replay of the postgres logs?

--
Mark Steben
 Database Administrator

t: 413.327-3045