Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll
Дата
Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll  (gabrielle <gorthx@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26 June 2013 03:17, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> How should reviewers get credited in the release notes?
>
> a) not at all
> b) in a single block titled "Reviewers for this version" at the bottom.
> c) on the patch they reviewed, for each patch

A weak preference for (c), with (b) running a close second.  As others
have suggested, a review that leads to significant commitable changes
to the patch should bump the credit to co-authorship.

> Should there be a criteria for a "creditable" review?
>
> a) no, all reviews are worthwhile
> b) yes, they have to do more than "it compiles"
> c) yes, only code reviews should count

(b), the review should at least look at usabililty, doc, and
regression test criteria even if there is no in-depth code analysis.

> Should reviewers for 9.4 get a "prize", such as a t-shirt, as a
> promotion to increase the number of non-submitter reviewers?
>
> a) yes
> b) no
> c) yes, but submitters and committers should get it too

Provisionally (b), if we first try giving proper credit, and that
still doesn't drum up enough reviewing, then look to further incentive
schemes.  No need to jump the gun.

Cheers,
BJ